Sunday, April 27, 2008

RHPS

So, I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show last night. Yay! Got to hang out with my friends again...There's this really cool 17 year old guy named Filipe(ay), from New York, the guy I picked up at the airport...he's a lot like me when I was 17, and different, of course. But I'm reminded that I don't interact with people like that anymore, that I don't fit in so well, either...I'm a part of this, and not, at the same time. I need to more like I was before, socially...because I can be. I know what's changed, and why...it's still sad that it had to happen. You just can't be a like a kid when you're a grown up.

Meanwhile, I'm kinda gorging on the social thing. There's another party tonight, and I'm still debating on whether I should go, since I won't get another chance for a while...I should go, since I won't get another chance for a while. I should stay home because I feel happy and at peace. I got some pressure washing done, there's a show I want to watch (60 minutes)...I'm not crying so much anymore, so it's easier to do 'normal' things I want to do that David normally interferes with.

A crazy thing happened last night, too...A 2 year old little girl was there with her mom...Or rather, her mom brought her. So inappropriate to bring this little girl. What's worse is that the mom didn't keep much control of the child, and she tended to run all over the place. Eventually, I picked up the kid, and held her through most of the show. The mom wasn't too alarmed, but I don't think I'd let a stranger just pick up my son and hold him for an hour...It was safer for the child to let me hold her, than for her to run around and possibly get stepped on by an adult sized person not used to looking out for small children not well controlled by their parents. And she let me hold her without complaint! Of course, the little girl is too small to make sense out of the movie anyway, and it's not so overt...but still.

1 comment:

Mam said...

Hey.. I read a page or two of your blog but wanted to say that I can understand your feelings and emotions right now missing your son. My son goes a few times a year to visit his dad, and it's tough! Hang in there :)