Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bad Coincidences

I'm slightly troubled by two different coincidental things that have occurred today. The first is that wikipedias featured article is RAD, Reactive Attachment Disorder, a severe condition where the child becomes emotionally disturbed by, essentially, abandonment, or supremely irregular care. Fortunately, it's rare, but why the first day of David being gone do I get to see this as the featured article?

And then, I'm at a party, and one of my friends was talking about her nephew getting 'kidnapped' by his grandmother, who was only supposed be taking the nephew for a little while, and instead kept him for 8 months, in the Philippines!

I don't need these stories to make my life worse! It's not fair!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. But I think it's just a hyper sensitive thing towards the topic at hand because your thoughts are on David. Kind of like, if you own a black truck, suddenly there are hundreds of others seemingly popping out of the blue!

The bad luck stories have always been there. So have the black trucks. And so has Rusty, that great Dad. :)

Donna

Anonymous said...

I hear you too on the coincidences. But take what you will from them. You could see this as a gloom-and-doom thing. Or you could see it as a reminder from 'above' that you're dong a good job. You're raising your son with love and caring. You're doing the best you can, and that's clearly pretty darned good.

Unknown said...

Geez Rusty, that is pretty scary!!! I worry about that kind of stuff all the time! I guess it just comes with being a parent!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rusty!! How are you holding up with little david being gone?