Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wake up!

David was playing with my alarm clock yesterday, and accidentally set it to go off..and the time I have it set for is 7AM, which is hard to get up at that time when the night before I went to sleep at 1:30 AM...but when he came into my room, he was asking for his mom, wanting to call her. "call mommie, call mommie" he says. I just told him no, he can't call her. He fussed for a minute, in much the same way he might fuss if I had told him he can't have any candy. Maybe I'll have her send me a phone just for him to call her. Of course, she's a time zone away, so it would have been just past 6 AM...maybe not a good idea for him to call her. He asks for her and for his sister more often lately. I wonder what's driving that. Maybe his sense of time is sharp enough that he knows he'll be seeing her soon, but not sure about how to measure it. Maybe I'll teach him how to count the days until we go in the plane. He can count that high now. Now he'll learn how to count something slowly, over a period of days.

It's funny how he can express himself about wanting to call her...when she was first gone, he didn't ever say anything about her. Now...he can hope that she's coming home. When he hears a car door closing outside the house, he hopes it his mother. But I have to say no, it's not.

No comments: