Friday, April 18, 2008

David Weekly #15

On the evenings that I'm home with him, David sees the airplanes out to the west, and shouts "A pwane! A pwane!" and I just acknowledge the plane, and we go on. Lately, I've been telling him we're going to be ON the plane, but he doesn't get it, since they are so small and so far away. It's not like getting in the car. So, tomorrow, we'll be getting on a plane, and going to see his mommy. I tell him he's going to see his mommy, and he always comes back with "and dthee-dthee, dtoo."

Today he got his first haircut. He was mostly cooperative and sat in the chair, but not for very long. He wasn't a fan of having his hair "pulled" so that it could be cut away from his head. It almost doesn't look like it was cut. He still has the baby curls in the back on his head, but his bangs are gone.

Earlier this week, David was sick. He had a pretty high fever, but I gave him some Ibuprofen, and that helped. I'm glad I'm working the later shift, because I didn't have to miss work, and by the time I needed to leave for work, he was better: no fussiness, and full energy and appetite. But he did sleep in until 10 o'clock that morning! He also knows "cough medicine," which I usually only give him if he's having trouble sleeping, or he's coughing constantly. Today we went for a walk, and he ran the whole time! The best part is that there was no wheezing, so no nebulizer...and his coughing lasted only for a minute, because his cough does linger a bit.

Meanwhile, I love that he has an imagination: first, some planes have changed their name from planes to 'rocket-planes' and the planes that leave the white tracer lines behind them are rocket ships...but the best thing is when he found a stick on the ground that has the same shape as a plane and he called it a 'stick-rocket-ship'...all by himself! It's amazing to me still how smart he is...and he's beginning to be able to repeat entire phrases...so at some point this week or last week, he was fussing over something, and I told him there's no crying in baseball...and it stopped him from crying, and then he repeated it after thinking about it for a minute.

We went to Toddler Time again this week on Wednesday, and he still does not want to sit in one place and 'watch'. But he was better this time, and I'm getting better dealing with his desire to NOT SIT STILL!!! :-) He likes to sit in one place and watch other things (like cars, or squirrels), but Librarians reading doesn't do it for him. He sits still when I read to him...

I haven't been as active in recording David's goings on as normal. I'm probably a bit worked up over the fact that he'll be gone for two weeks. So you get a two week break from these newsletters. If you're interested, I was thinking about doing a review of the last 4 months to see how David has changed, grown, and so on...

Have fun with David, and have a good two weeks...

No comments: