Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shadows of the past

So, today, I went to the Storytelling Festival, sans David. Later on, went to the Scottish Highland Games, and saw Amanda's "twin". It was really hard not to go over and talk to her. She was a dork, just like Amanda is; she wore the same kind of glasses, too. She was smiling and happy...and I just cried silently when I thought about it later. I should stop going to the Celtic things, because I just cry when I go, or when I'm leaving. Good thing I was wearing sunglasses, so no one could tell. I think James knew, but didn't say anything, even though when he asked me directly I still lied about it. It's been a long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate. You may need to start up some 'new' things that are new to you. Create new traditions, find new interests, meet new people. Build yourself that whole new world. It's very healing.

I started tinkering with my house for example. A friend taught me about power tools and that became my new world. No bad memories in something I created brand new just for me!

You can do it Rusty. Your time is coming!

Donna