Thursday, May 1, 2008

Taking Stock

So, it's May Day, 1st of May, a holiday in some countries to celebrate the worker (our version of this is Labor Day), and is the mid-point between the beginning of Spring, and the beginning of Summer. In Northern European countries, it's the beginning of Summer (and lasts until September 1).

For me, New Year's is not the only time to reflect back on the year...for me, looking back at shorter intervals helps keep me on track, focussed, moving in the direction I want to go. And I'm so likely to forget stuff that happened at the beginning of the year.

So what's been going on in the first 4 months of the year? Even if you just take it day by day, something good (or not so good) worth remembering happened.

For me, I'm just realizing that I've made it through with help from family all by myself. I've learned and grown, and so has my son.

No comments: