Friday, April 11, 2008

It's not all fun and games!

I had a thought about this, but I'm thinking that I took my son and myself out to a park locally where there's an outdoor stage (and bandshell, if you must know! :-). I think we lasted 15 minutes. He's just not ready to sit still, and we hadn't had dinner, so I just gave up and went home. There was a concert there, so it was okay to run around and make noise, but still. I'm feeling a bit defeated.

Meanwhile, as I'm dealing with this rather minor situation, I'm reminded of something that my ex said (to her now BF -- that I overheard) before we got divorced: that she would wait for me to realize that raising a child isn't all fun and games, and then she would get custody. Well, duh. I had been raising her daughter by myself even while ex was in the house...

David's going to be gone in a week, and will be gone for two weeks. It's going to be tough. If she really wanted him, she'd be here. Or she would have fought more. Instead, she tucked tail and ran. AND, when I ask how Colleen is, she tells me that Colleen's been in a "fine mood" which means that things have been going badly. I just remember how she doesn't know how to discipline Colleen, or how to love her, either. I miss Colleen. I asked Amanda if Colleen could come down and visit, but she said she didn't know if Colleen would appreciate it or not. Sigh. Not that I know what I'd do with her while I have to work, but I'm sure I could figure out something. Sigh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing an amazing job, david is very lucky to have you as a dad. The things that come out of their mouths sometimes, make me wonder if they actually believe themselves.

make sure you keep busy when david's gone. Its going to be hard the first few days. I hope David manages well, Im sure he will miss you lots when he is gone.