Friday, April 25, 2008

My list, and the airport, and my anniversary!

Roof: fix the brace-things to keep the gutter from bowing in the middle when it rains really hard. -- kinda done. Check.

Fix the spot where the gutter joins by the front door...check

Trim the tree -- check.

Pressure wash the driveway, stones in the back yard...today I hope.

Landscape: buy the things that keep the sand/dirt from moving -- probably not. Expense...

get better grass seed -> the low light variety for under the tree...maybe next week. Another expense.

go to apple store about battery power, and sudden power off problem...next week...
Mortgage refi!!! ... in the process of getting done. I gave all the docs to the broker today...

Fix pool...ugh. not gonna happen...I need a new fence first, to keep neighborhood children out. My fence is in dire need of repair. Plus, I have to spend money on chemicals to keep it looking good, and I have to get a cover because of all the leaves from the trees I want to cut down in my back yard...my mom says I should get some cash out of the house so I can do some of the bigger maintenance things that need doing, like my fence, and there's one or two other things...

----

The airport. I haven't flown in over 10 years (at least before 9/11), and then, I'm at the airport three times in one week, once to take David to see Amanda, another time to pick someone I know from Rocky up, and then later the same night (! Last night!) to pick up someone else related to Rocky. Yikes! And then next week to get David...

----

I haven't had a lot to say about my anniversary, but it's an occasion worth remarking on. It was 4 years ago that I got married. And I intended to stay that way. I realize that I'm glad I don't "celebrate" it with her because it's awkward: don't know what to get her, it probably won't be appreciated anyway, she won't know what to get me, we wouldn't have sex, and if we did, it wouldn't be any fun...and on and on...but I do miss her some. And she calls me and texts me telling what David is up to. I can't get over her doing that. It's messing with my head!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first anniversary after the divorce and the first divorce date anniversary were tough. I found that having dinner with my daughter was a new celebration that I could do.