Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rainy Sunday Afternoon

David says "neets" for pants. He can say shirt, but pants, it's neets...he actually snuggled with me today. This was a first. Normally he may let me hold him, but today he curled up in my arms. That was really cool. And then later he asked me to take pictures of his feet. So I took pictures of his feet. Then we took pictures of him on the chair, and on the couch, and of his arms...it was pretty funny. I'm amazed that he asked me to take pictures of him. It came out of the clear blue. We took a picture of our feet together...

Otherwise, this was a day for hanging out. It's been raining here all day long, so we just played in the carport, rather than in the yard. I've been pretty bored all day. I got in a funny mood to want to watch "The Empire Strikes Back"...but then realized that I don't have the movie like I thought I did. Not sure where it went. I guess I'll have to buy it again...

David likes to ask to go to sleep in my bed, but then he never does. He ends up on the floor in his room. He says he's afraid of the potty because it roars. That doesn't make a bit of sense to me. Yeah, I'm able to ask if he's scared, and he says yes. He's also afraid of falling off his bed. He's able to identify emotions, too! Sad, happy, scared...just amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rusty!

I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your daily ramblings. It brings back lots of memories when my son Cody was your son's age.

I use to do something similar once a month where I set up a questionaire of sorts such as Height, Weight, Fav TV Shows, Fav Foods, Outings this Month... etc. etc with an updated pic on each and printed them out for a memory book idea. I love going through it to catch up on the milestones.

I'm soooo glad you are enjoying your boy! Aren't they simply fantastic?!?

Donna from Single Parents, BC