Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lickety Letters!

David loves the "Super Why!" show, especially the pig. The pick says, "Lickety Letters!" as his little exclamation. David follows along with the story, the letters, and such...

I'm finding that I don't want to write because it hurts. David's being gone for two weeks really hurt me, and I find that I don't want to invest in him so much because of the pain I felt when he was gone. That's maybe another reason why I can't ever let him be gone for a long long long time, because I wouldn't know what to do with him when I did see him. I did okay with Douglas somehow, but I was never away from him for so long, or so heavily invested in him.

It's odd that he's been back for more than a week, but I'm not over him being gone...I'm depressed, and unhappy...dishes undone, toys everywhere, wrinkled clothes from unfinished laundry, and computer diving...where I try to drown myself in the computer to the exclusion of everything else. Except David of course. I'm getting better at feeding him, and not worrying about his eating so much. I do play with him, and do stuff with him...chores aren't getting done, and there's less joy in me. Sigh...

No comments: