Saturday, May 24, 2008

Daddy's Sick!

So I get sick on Thursday afternoon. David hates it when I get sick. "Play me!" He says. "Get UP!" He says. But I can't get up. I have a fever, I'm tired, I just want to rest...which I get in about 15 minute intervals. He leaves me alone for longer than 15 minutes if I'm upright at my computer...Sometimes I'll tell David I'm sick, and he says, "Day-did sick, tew" and he'll lay his head down on me...but for the most part, he was very unhappy that I couldn't play with him, or do stuff with him...it was a very difficult day on Friday. I did recover some by Friday afternoon, so I could at least watch him competently outside. It helped me to be outside in the humidity. I kept apologizing to him all day, but it didn't matter to him. I felt bad that I could be with him like he needed/wanted.

We did do things that didn't require a lot of effort on my part, though. We named his fingers, and it occurred to me that when/if he gets married, he'll either have to wear a wedding ring on a chain on his neck, or on his right hand. Maybe he can tattoo the spot where his ring finger would be with some kind of ring design. Wouldn't that be fun! Sigh.

No comments: