Thursday, May 15, 2008

Asthma Attack!

So David had a full blown asthma attack last night, as he was really coughing, had a fever...I thought he was sick, really, rather than asthma...he hasn't had genuine breathing problems in forever. I got him home, and he was coughing in bed for a while, so I gave him cough medicine, and it helped him sleep through the night. I thought that he'd be over in the morning, but it was worse. He was coughing with every other breath, and was just plain miserable. I gave him some loratadine this morning, and more cough medicine. He took a nap at about 10 o'clock, and woke up around noon...and was still coughing. I then did the nebulizer, which he hates, but it cured his breathing issue: no more coughing, and no more wet raggedness in his breath. He was very happy after that. I was surprised when he didn't fight me, and relieved. It made taking care of him that much easier.

No comments: