Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's not all fun and games! Part II

I've been having trouble adjusting to David being back...he didn't seem like my son when he came back, he was some one else's son. I missed having him for two weeks, and I knew he'd change while he was gone, and that I would miss it. And I did miss it. It's not like when he's older he will change less, but now, at 2 and 3 quarters, he changes a lot in a short period. He came back with clearer speech...I also had to shake off the ickiness I got from Amanda. Not completely sure about how that happened, or what caused it, but I know it felt bad somehow. And then the two together...Back in the routine of things, too, laundry, feeding the boy, managing him...seemed like more of a burden than I remember, or ever thought or felt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rusty, I think what you're feeling is simply unsettled. David gone disrupted the routine you had started to build.

The little 'holiday' had you living in lah lah land and now reality is hitting. Much like us escaping on a vacation.

As David progressively gets more self sufficient with age, I think the transition will become easier with time. He'll simply require less from you so it won't be SUCH a jolt from doing nothing to doing everything.

Enjoy his needs today! For soon they shall be gone. I rarely look ahead, no matter where Cody is because I know 'ahead' is well on it's way and I have no control over it. So I continue to enjoy 'today', no matter what it brings.

However having a slightly older child than you, I can easily say, I'm most fortunate I was on my own while Cody WAS at this age. I remember just running when he was younger! I remember watching moms in awe at the beach that could actually sit and read a book while WITH their kids! I remember hearing, "It gets easier, your day is coming!" lots. But I never truley chose to believe it because I was continually overwhelmed with duties.

Shhh.... here's a secret... they were RIGHT! :)

Donna