Monday, May 5, 2008

Conversation today over IM

R:hey...
A:hey. how's he doing?
R:He was fine until last night at about 10:30 when he woke up screaming
I couldn't figure it out, couldn't console him
and he just cried and screamed for about an hour...until I figured out that he misses you. When I asked him if he misses mommy, he said, "Yes" and quit crying
and then he went back to sleep
A:i'm sorry
i know that had to be hard...
R:it was
A:what do you want me to say?
R:I'm just letting you know...
A:ok
R:it's something you need to be aware of as his mother
A:yeah
R:did he do anything like that when he was up there?
A:no, nothing at all
A:he woke up coughing twice
A:that's is
it
R:yeah, he asks me for cough medicine
9:45 AM
R:you glad to have your alone time back?
A:i called it cough medicine because that's what he called it, but it was allergy medicine
R:ok
A:no, not really. would rather have him any day
R:I don't understand you.
A:why?
R:I don't understand how he's not the highest priority.
A:how would you suggest i make him the highest priority?
R:It's kinda late now. You moved up there to be with Tait and the seasons.
A:to be home, yes
i'm no good to him miserable
9:50 AM
R:You aren't much more good absent, either
A:well, this is the best that i can do
A:wish it could be more, but that's not possible
sorry, at panera have muted, and if didn't would be loud
R:it's okay
trying one way video chat
you can see us at least
he's watching himself in the camera
A:that's cool
R:can you accept the invite?
A:i did
it didn't do anything
R:yeah
It doesn't say anything on this end
maybe not enough bandwidth or that port is blocked
I wish you could see this
He's just being cute
10:00 AM
oh well...maybe that's something you can figure out on your end? Ask the panera people on their website about the free wi-fi?
R:David's watching Elmo
A:that's cool
i'm just sorting thru email
R:ok
it's been two weeks?
A:have over 200 in inbox with filtering them all thru my phone and deleting the ones i don't want
R:yeah
wow!

I need to go
he needs attention
10:10 AM
yeah
ttyl...
ok bye

No comments: