Saturday, May 24, 2008

Some baby center posts I've made recently

So, we made the exchange: xw came to get the boy, about 2 and a half hours late! Ugh. She said she'd be here after nap time...so I expected 3 - 4-ish...instead, I'm here at 6:35 PM seeing off my boy. He cried and cried about how he wanted his mommy! I told him to expect her at a certain time, and when she didn't show, he was very upset. A trip to the park cured some of this, but even at the park he asks, "Where's mommy's car?" and I tell him. What gets me the most angry is that she sends me a text message at 5:30 saying that she's in town, but is going to eat Thai first. It's ironic that the word "Thai" in that language means "free"...as in, free to hurt her son's feelings by being late, and being free to eat without a very difficult toddler! I know what it's like to try to go out to eat with a toddler in tow, but still, it's been 3 weeks since she saw him, you'd think she'd want to get here sooner, rather than later. Ugh!

It's funny, though, that her bf is almost like the valet: he doesn't say anything, he just gets the luggage and the car seat, and straps the boy in.

So there's my rant.
-----

She came down for Memorial Day, which is Monday, to spend time with him. He has one set of grand-parents who live about a 2 hour drive away from here, so I think they're staying there for the weekend.

She says that the only reason I have custody is FL state law, which prevents her from taking my right to be with my son away from me. She's funny, because she could have stayed here and we could share (you know, like GROWN UPS!), but she had to move away...

She'll have him this weekend, then again after his b-day in the summer, and one more week in the fall, then she gets him for two weeks over Christmas.

Given that this is the second time in a row that she's made him wait, I'm seeing a trend emerge...I think business associates would get more on time courtesy.

And the plan is to have the grandparents bring the boy back to me, so she doesn't have to, on Monday. These are the same grandparents who won't answer my calls, or be mature enough themselves for us to get together at some point for his sake. I'm not really that bad! Anything that may have occurred between my ex and me should not impact DS and grandparents! Sigh.

------
I have strep throat, so I was home sick last night...the ex being late made me wait to go to the doc (aka, walk in clinic at walgreens), which prolonged my suffering. I didn't tell her, she didn't know I was sick...

I'm hoping to go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight (Saturday), after I get some rest this afternoon. I have to work this morning. I already feel better just from one dose of antibiotic...no fever, no weakness or pain...Sunday I'm going to be a grown up and watch my show: CBS Sunday morning. It's some news, culture, and arts. And a quirky, offbeat story, too. And maybe I'll read the Sunday paper! I'm such a nerd. lol I have to work on Monday, too, but I get double time and a half, so that's not so bad, either. I may go to my mom's on Sunday and plant the gardenia bush I got her for Mother's day...and let her take care of her sick son, who is way too old for this sort of thing!

No comments: