Tuesday, October 7, 2008

David's Home

A recurring theme here...Matt and Virginia brought him all the way here for Missouri, two days early. I'm not really complaining. ;-)

Today I had to take him to Dot's early (at about 8:30 AM), since I had to work from 9 - 5 today for training. He did not take that well at all. Poor kid. When I picked him up, it was all better. He was telling me he's Sponge Bob again. Amanda made a knitted little elephant trunk for him, and I guess I'm supposed to do the rest for his Halloween costume...mask, make up (??), grey clothes...he wants to be an elephant. He has 3 mini-pumpkins that have little faces painted on them that say different things: boo, or ohohohooooohohooooo or I'm not sure what else. But each is distinct.

Today when I picked him up we went for our normal around the block walk (when I pick him up during the day, we usually do this)...along the way we saw a tiny ring-neck snake. I chased it out of the road so it wouldn't get run over or stepped on...and of course, David wanted to act like the snake, so he gets on the ground and wriggles like the snake. And he's a chatterbox, too...he did not stop talking the whole time! It's always strange for me to see him after a brief period of him being away, because I see how much he's changed in just this little bit. He's not the boy that left two weeks ago...he did something else cute, and it was only a little while ago, yet I can't remember!

No comments: