Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Counting his fingers

David counted his fingers this morning. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 fingers on one hand, and 1, 2, on the other...sigh. He's a bit more aware...And he's turned into a parrot...repeating everything I'm saying...and he's expressive! He told me he's sad that we can't go fast in our neighborhood. He also will lay in bed with me, and he'll say, "I lwove you, daddy."Or, "I'm so happy!"

Today has been cold, in the 40's...and we went shopping today. I hate hate hate clothes shopping especially for him, but we got a few things, 3 sets of jammies, and a shirt, and something else...I remember it was 5 things...

And two quick hits: I asked him what he's doing, and he says, "Pooping" and I'm like, "Right now?" And he says, "yeah"...so we went to the potty, and he pooped in the potty! And then promptly reminded me that he gets 5 candies! I laughed at that and gave him his 5 candies. Woohoo!

The other thing is that we played a live version of Blues Clues today, because in the back yard he finds a maple leaf (several now, actually), and from there we start trying to find the tree that it goes with , and not much success. But the process of finding a matching leaf has been fun. And he calls it a clue leaf. :-)

No comments: