Sunday, October 26, 2008

David Weekly, #35

David is sick today, Friday...He woke me up at 5 AM, crying. Poor kid. I gave him some cough medicine, and we went outside to watch the rain. It made him feel better. But he wouldn't stop coughing so we went inside to give him another nebulizer treatement. He was mad when I told him to go back to sleep after that, though, because he didn't want to! And he knew that it was night-night time because it was stil dark outside. Eventually, I set him up with Finding Nemo, and he fell asleep on the floor in a few minutes. This is the second time this week that he's done that. This time it's simply because of the hour, and that he's sick. We've done the nebulizer for two days now, and he's getting better about taking it again. I say that because has good days and bad ones for taking it. Partially it's because he doesn't do it that often. Earlier this week he fell asleep in front of the TV just watching one of his shows. He never does that. I should have seen the sickness coming. Maybe it's a week's delay from the flu shot? I'm not totally sure.

As I review the week in my mind, I think about all the things that David is, and does. His speech is more and more clear, every day. We went to the park the other day, and a bigger kid ran into him...this is the park next to the elementary school...(it was an accident, too) and he said how it hurt. So I told him he should stay away from the bigger kids, because there more of them, and they aren't so careful of littler kids like him. So he learned his lesson and stayed away from them. We still had lots of fun, and played for a while.

Also, the Tampa Bay Rays are in the World Series! One night after bringing him home I wanted to watch the tail end of the first game, and he saw that the TV was on, which is not our usual routine when we get home, so he asked if he could watch the game with me. So I said sure. And we watched about two innings or so of the game, just him and me, two guys on the couch watching the game together. It was a wonderful thing. Of course, him being so young, he didn't really sit there for two innings, but kind of came and went. He was really excited to see the guys hitting the ball with the bat, or just swinging it!

And lately, David's entered another stage: Collecting things! Like rocks, or sticks, or acorns. He just carries them in his hands, puts them in the house, or in the car, anywhere convenient...

So this is a short weekly, but that just means things are well, and that he's just being the little boy that he's supposed to be.

Rusty

No comments: