Sunday, October 12, 2008

David Weekly, #33

So this week has been a half week for David, from my perspective. He got home from Amanda's on Monday night, at about 11:30 or so. Tuesday I had to work from 9 - 5, so it was hard taking him to Dot's so early in the morning on his first day back...he really cried and cried...but he was better when I got back at 5:15 or so from work. We took our usual long way home walk when I pick him up on afternoons when I work during the day. These are rare, so it's a special treat for us to walk back home the long way...and along the way we saw a ring-neck snake...but it was tiny! It was in the road, and I began by chasing it off the road, so it wouldn't get run over. David thought this was cool, and did some chasing of his own. Eventually the snake disappeared into the grass, but David wasn't done: he wanted to be the snake, so he got on the ground and wriggled like a snake. That kid can be entertaining!

While he was in Missouri he got some mini-pumpkins with some faces drawn on them (I think Tait did the drawing) and so he's assigned different voices to them. One says "Boo!" Another says, "howhowhowhow," and the last one says, "hahahahah." I just love that he's assigned the different voices to them.

On Wednesday, we went to some kind of resort with my sister and my mother, and played in the water there for a while. David made a sand castle at the park that's in the same general area as the lagoon...David played with his cousins, Avery and Jared...and had a grand old time. He tells me about TV shows now...We stayed until Friday night...

Not a whole lot to report. David is turning into a normal kid...who likes to dance. Today we were at the pool, and they play music...and he was so happy to dance! I've really got to do something for this child as it relates to dance. He was so happy to dance.

He has a Shriners appointment on Friday, and a regular doctor appt on Monday. We'll let you know how it goes.

Rusty


PS I was really tired when I wrote this. I'm sure more happened than I said...

No comments: