Sunday, November 9, 2008

Not a trainwreck weekend!

This has been a good weekend. I went to see my father today. It was funny, though, when I was telling David we were going to go...I said, "We're going to see my father today." And he furrows his brow, and says to me, "And when we're done seeing your father, can we go see my father?" I laughed and said that I am his father (which automatically put into my head, "Luke. I . am your father!")...too funny. So he doesn't know the word father. Well, he does now.

And he peed in the potty twice!!!! today. :-) I'm very happy about that. My head is bruised a bit, because he literally likes to butt heads with me. Ugh. But it keeps him on the pot until he's done something. I'm over the crying and the tears and the playing. He did not like naked time, he told me. He'd rather have on his diaper. Well, I said, you're not getting your diaper until you pee in the potty! Yes, it's paradoxical, I know. But it did have its intended impact.

Yesterday I came home to a house full of 4 children, and 1 adult. Jesse (the adult, 22, who watches David EVERY Saturday), and her two nephews (Shawnie and the other little boy whose name I can't remember), and another little girl that she babysits all the time (Madison). It was wonderful, though. I love the activity, and the kids, and everything. We all ate dinner together...and then went next door and I cooked dinner again (now, the first dinner was light: tiny sausages, baked beans, and corn. Enough for the kids, but not for me and Jesse) The second dinner was great! Anna said if I'm willing to cook, I can cook whatever I want! She got me some chicken out of the freezer, and I ended up getting some yellow rice and some peas. What a fine meal we had. All this while 4 children are running amuck. :-) Once David and I got home, he fell to sleep promptly.

So I saw my father. He has very strange bruise on his arm that he claims he got from falling...but I don't think so. It was a short meeting. I don't remember the last time I saw him. He didn't let me in the house because he said Carmen was sick...but I don't know. He also said he'd send me his phone number again, and we'll see. Maybe we'll even get together in a few weeks or so...sigh. We'll see...

No comments: