Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What David Does

David had some frosted miniwheats in his cup for breakfast, but decided he didn't want them, so he had me get the box down from the top of the fridge so he could put the biscuits back in the box.

David can talk now. He is clear, and mostly understandable. He can pronounce almost all of his letters as sounds, but longer words still elude him, such as 'refrigerator.' He can't quite voice complex thoughts, but I'm not sure that it's because he can't pronounce them, or because he can't think them.

The other day he made a statement: wats of cars. I'm like, wash the car? No. White cars? No. LOTS of cars. So he has a concept of general/non-specific numbers that are large, and by extension, small, but I don't know if he has a word for that, like, "few."

I had more, but I can't think of it!

Yesterday we went to the grocery store, and of course he wanted a plum tomato. I had to insist that we get home to wash it before he eat it. He wanted that thing! So I got home and washed and he just ate it raw. Eating for him lately consists of lots of fruit, such as apples that I cut up, and bread, and tomatoes, and ham, and a few other things, like cereal, cheese, green beans, yellow rice...

David is a faker! I don't know if I've said this before. When he was younger, he would fake fall off the bed. It was very cute.

He knows my coffee, and the hot tea that I drink...we went to get diapers for him. I feel like I've missed an opportunity with the potty training...it's all starts and stops. Lurching into motion.

No comments: