Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to David!

June 29, 2005, my little boy came into the world. That was a traumatic and blessed day, because he had to be born by C-Section unexpectedly. After he was born, I had to go spend about two hours with my now ex-wife while she recovered, and I made my mom and my sister stand in front of the nursery window for 2 hours straight to make sure not to lose track of him, never mind that he's unique...

It's three years later, and I'm his only parent most of the time, though I get help from my neighbor, and his regular day care provider, and my mom and sister, and all of the wonderful people on this board. He's a fine little boy, full of challenge and delight.

When I look for myself in him, I see me, and I see his mother. I can point to his feet and say he got them from his mom, or I can see my own eyes in his face. And everything in between is a mix of the my ex and me.

It's an amazing thing to have a child, and I'm grateful and blessed to have him on his 3rd birthday. Happy Birthday to you, David. I love you very much.

Rusty

No comments: