Sunday, June 29, 2008

And now, for a little vent

So I had a great party for my DS today, and it went off well, mostly thanks to my mom. She's been driving me crazy for two weeks to get my house cleaned up and ready, and I've been allowing this to go on because I know she's right. But it's all done! DS had a great party, and got some cool toys for his birthday...

And we did not hear a peep out of his mom. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Friends of mine called wish him a Happy Birthday. My mom and my sister came to the party of course, but where was his mom?????WHERE???WHERE??? David didn't notice. He didn't ask where she was, or ask to call her...which, he never asks to call her. I finally gave in at 8PM and called her, but no answer. I know she's 1000 miles away, but no phone call? No text? No happy birthday song? I've received nothing from her like a birthday card, or a present...In fact, none of his extended family sent anything here for his birthday. I can only hope they have a party for him up there when he goes in 3 weeks. A lady at work gave me a card for him! With money in it! It's been bugging me all day long...somewhere, in the back of my mind, the WOMAN WHO GAVE BIRTH TO HIM didn't call. And wasn't calling, because I'd check every so often.

David has no idea how upset I am about this. All he knows is that it's his birthday, and that he had a party. The carport was the "party" because he'd tell people that's where the party was, because it was all decorated with Sponge Bob stuff, streamers, the works. That's all my mom. He knows that people came to the party, and he played in the pool and the hot tub, and ate some sandwiches. And drank a lot of juice boxes. I asked him a million times how old he is, just hear him say "Free"...sometimes he wouldn't say anything at all; I think he got tired of me asking.

So there you have it. This turned out to be a bit longer than I thought it would be. Thanks for listening. I need to get the lump of anger out of my throat though, somehow. Grrrrrrrrr.....

No comments: