Thursday, January 31, 2008

Speaking of mistakes

So, the latest mistake I've made is letting the poor boy sleep in my bed. It gets cold at night, even with the heat on...sometimes I find him on the floor, uncovered by anything except for his jammies. I put him back in his bed, cover him up, and everything's okay.
Well, sometimes in the pre-dawn hour (around 5 - 6:30 or so) I would take him into my bed just to warm him up. Oooops. Last night he started fussing at 12:30 or so, and then really cried when I wouldn't take him in to my room. He just said "UP! UP! UP!" to go into my room. I put him back down and covered him up...but he woke up several more times last night, and I had to let him cry it out, like when he was an infant. That does not make for very peaceful sleep on daddy's part. I'm also feeling guilty for letting him cry like that...but I can't have him in my bed! He especially likes to put his icy cold feet up against my legs, which also does not make for a good night's sleep for daddy. Even when his feet aren't cold, he puts him feet up against me...This has only been going on for about 3 nights, but last night is when it hit me that I should stop the taking him to my bed thing, mainly because it was so early into the night.

So maybe I should blog, because this isn't really a question or request for advice...it's just me sharing...

No comments: