Saturday, April 10, 2010

David Weekly, V3 - 13

As reported to me by Ms. Ky: David was laying down to nap, but not sleeping, and she threatened to take away the buddy. David said, "I don't respond well when people take things from me."

Saturday, there was an Easter Egg Hunt at the Green park, by the Hillsborough River. There were various crafts, which he normally would do, but didn’t because wasn’t feeling so good that day. He did do the egg hunting, though, and got his face painted. We also spent some time with Mimi at our house. She helped us go through his things, to figure out what to keep, and what to give away.

David had a great Easter Sunday. Got lots of candy. We went to Avery and Jared’s, and did the Easter Egg Hunt there. Monday night he sat next to me and opened up his plastic eggs and separated out the different kinds of candy, into neat little piles by color or type.

David has started to need the nebulizer again, since his cough got so bad, but it only helped a little. Part of his issue is post-nasal drip. He lays back and coughs a lot. I have him lay on his side, and prop him up with extra pillows. I came across an article about how bad the pollen is this year. http://tampabaytimes.fl.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=0a9aa8de2 The article made me realize that his nose being stuffy is also pollen related.

One night, he had trouble falling asleep when my other "kid", Douglas, came over for some help with his homework. It was too exciting! He really likes Douglas a lot.

Cinnamon was asking David what he did in school today. He says, "We learned about shapes." Cinnamon says, "What kind of shapes?" And David replies, "All kinds!" Cinnamon: "Diamonds?" David: "They're called rhombuses!"

He fell off the slide at the Green park, and got a bit dirty so was trying to make a deal with me: we don't go to the park, if I don't have to have a bath...but he gets baths anyway. And we still go to the park. I'm also trying to get him to shower instead, but that's a trial right now. He is opting for them more as we go, though. This is a good step to getting him to wash himself. He still hates getting clean, but it’s getting better. He also says he likes to be dirty. That kid is all boy.

Current books we're reading: Green eggs and ham, How to catch a heffalump, Are you my mother?, Opposites, a pull and look book, Shapes, another pull and look book, Chomper the Greedy Dinosaur, Goodnight Moon, The Little Prince, Good Night Sweet Butterflies, Little Monster's Alphabet book, Stomper The Enormous Dinosaur, The Kissing Hand, All to build a snowman, 10 apples up on top, Sarge in Charge, (a group of books in one volume) I am not going to get up today, Wacky Wednesday, Would you rather be a bullfrog?, Maybe I should fly a jet, I wish that I had duck feet, Great Day for Up.


Thursday morning at 5 AM, David walks into my bedroom and asks if he can play. I tell him, no, it’s too early, for him to go back to sleep. I know he’s very excited to go The Missouri to see his mommy and sissy. I let him sleep in my bed for the next two hours. Later in the day, twice he gets hurt for no really good reason. He busted his lip falling flat on the floor tripping over the table at school. And then he literally walks into a wall, and gets a mark on his forehead. I think he’s just distracted by being excited to go see his mom. He never gets hurt like what happened to him on Thursday. And certainly not twice!

I saw that he’s going to have pictures taken at the pre-school up in Missouri, so I hope that the lip and forehead will heal before then. They weren’t that bad, but are noticeable if you look. I also just got his school pictures, which I sent half of them up with him to Missouri. I also have a website that I can send a link to where you can get as many copies made as you wish. Just let me know.

Sometimes, when we ride in the car, he says, “Are we there yet?” I say, “We get there when we get there!” This little exchange is from The Incredibles, which David really likes. On Friday, on our way to the airport, he asks this question, and I give my reply, but then say, “Are we feeling Incredible today?” And he says, “No, daddy, we’re just people,” as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

On the plane, David watched Diego Animal Rescue for the most part. Grandma Kenney and Aunt Marissa picked up the boy, and he played shy...it was really quite cute. I told him that these two (among others) are the ones we pray about every night when he goes to sleep. I reminded him about The Rules, and said be good, gave him a kiss, and said good-bye.

He’s going to have a great week! I hope you do, too.

No comments: