Friday, December 11, 2009

David Weekly, #77

David is back in Florida. I met him and his mom at the airport. He sees me, runs up to me, calls out, "Daddy!" After a minute or so, he realizes that he's not going to see his mom again for a while. He cries. In a way I've never seen. He just kept wiping his eyes...

David said he wanted to see his cousins, so Jared and Avery and Rachel (his aunt) came over, followed by my mom. I had bought a Christmas tree the day before, and had yet to decorate it...but the kids took care of that. David kept asking if he could decorate the tree, and I kept telling him yes, and he kept putting all the ornaments on the same branch, in about the same spot. I'm pretty sure my mom came in after the kids did their thing and fixed the spacing of the ornaments, because my tree looks decently decorated. I did at least put the lights on. He was also very aggressive towards Jared, so he got to spend some time in time-out.

It's been a normal week for us, and so, not a lot to report. I took David to see "Fantastic Mr Fox" which he hated. And he said so, too! We had the whole theater to ourselves, since we saw an afternoon movie. David had mixed feelings about that.

Earlier in the week I tried reading "The Little Prince" to him at bed time, but it proved to be too many words, and not enough pictures. He much prefers that I sing to him (after books, of course), and says his mommy sings to him, too.

Because it's December, I started doing Christmas cards. David kept saying that he wanted a card for him. So I told him I'd make one for him...what I ended up doing is buying him a special Christmas card, which I'll likely give him in the next day or two. The question I have of myself is whether to mail it first, so I can have him get the mail and see the card with his name on it. Also on the Christmas theme, Cinnamon gave him (and me) our gifts, and they sit under the tree. Naturally, this is killing David. He wants to open the present! I tell him that he has to wait until Christmas day to open it. And so every day, he asks if it's Christmas yet. I have an Advent calendar that we do each morning, where he finds the day and then opens the little "door" and gets the chocolate out (the days are in a random order). So, that's the first thing the boy eats in the morning, a new chocolate. He asks what day it is, what day tomorrow is, how many more days to Christmas. And then at points later in the day he will tell me what day it is. And he looks at the calendar and tries to figure out where the next day is so he's ready in the morning. Often at night he will claim that it's already the next day, which I never let him get away with.

Lastly, David asked if Cinnamon could come with us to "The Restaurant". I ask him, "Which one?" He says, "At the restaurant. That's all I know!" complete with hands held out in a shrug. Funny thing is, I hadn't said anything about going out to eat...

Have a great week!

No comments: