Monday, December 21, 2009

David killed my computer

So David killed my computer today. He spilled coffee on it. I cried. A lot. He just kept saying, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" and "I made a big mistake"...I just kept telling him that it was ok. He draped his body over my back at one point, when I was crying. Took him to school like normal. I got a call around 1 PM and they said he had a fever. I went to get him, took him to the doctor: Ear Infection. $43 later, he has the medicine to make him feel better, and starts to feel better a couple of hours later.

Sunday night we did not sleep well. David would wake up every so often, unhappy that he couldn't breathe through his nose. Then complaining about his ear hurting...He told me at one point that he can't stop crying. I gave him everything: ibuprofen, his allergy medicine, ear drops for the pain...I spent lots of time comforting him, trying to help him not cry, since that can just make you more stuffy. At 5 AM, we finally decided to get up, and then watched "The Polar Express." He asked me what that means, and I tell him "a train" and show it to him. It was different to watch him watch the movie. He was still pretty rapt, and paid attention, but he was more active, more involved...having the emotional reactions to things that make him want to hide...

Saturday we went to Lowry Park zoo to see the "Winter wonderland". David was not overly impressed.

He has an ear infection. Sunday we spent at Tracy's and he played Wii, and even beat me in bowling.

The map on his chest. Cinnamon and I were going to dinner, and David was point to different places on his chest saying that's where we are or where we need to go...it was sooo cute!

No comments: