Saturday, September 26, 2009

David Weekly, #68

More adultness from David: Saturday evening, after my playing softball, and his having made a friend who was his age there, he says, "Whew! It's been a long day." Saturday morning, though, David was extremely clingy. I don't know what makes that happen...he and I went to breakfast, then to a garage sale, and all he wanted to do was have me hold him!

Back to me playing softball: David would heckle me when I was out on field! He would see someone hit the ball (we were doing batting practice), and watching behind the fence he says, "Whoa!! He hit the ball far!" Or, "You better catch the ball, daddy!" He really made an impression on the other adults that were there (mostly people from work). They thought he was a riot.

When David runs, he says he went "Super duper duper duper duperduper DUPER fast!!" (this has variable amounts of "duper", depending on exactly how super duper fast he went. Other athletic activities he enjoys: swinging himself between two objects like they're parallel bars, and running in the house back and forth with his car, and saying how super fast he went.

David is going to do the dance thing at Gabrielle's Glen. I asked him if he like dancing and he said he got to jump around like a bunny. I told him, "That's dancing!" He got a very thoughtful look on his face. We have to buy him tap shoes. He gets 30 min/week of instruction, and it lasts the school year.

David's ice-breaker lately: how many fingers do you have? I have 7! I discovered this as we were playing softball, and I overhear his conversation. "Do you have 10 fingers like da--y?" (David misses the middle sounds in some words.)

Friday night...David held a contest with me over who could our respective Dora book fastest.

Lastly, David likes to ask "why?" for fundamental things like, "Why am I growing?" or, "Why is this paper pink?" Things that I can't easily answer, which leaves me with this response: "Just because it is..."

And so it goes...see you next week!

No comments: