Friday, June 19, 2009

David Weekly, #62

David has a pen light that he got from the allergy doctor, and he loves it! He wants to see places that are dark. A frequent target of this pen light is my mouth. It's dark in there! Another thing he likes to do is go into a room and then ask to turn off all the lights.

David also is enjoying the mousetrap game. He just likes the contraption part of it, where he makes all the pieces work in their proper sequence.

Cinnamon got a place at the beach, so David and I went to the beach, too. The three of us went for a walk along the shore, with David running ahead the way he does. I ran to catch up with him, and we saw a kid who had a stack of sand dollars. This kid was maybe 11 or 12. He showed us the sand dollars, then threw them back in the water. As we walked on a little further, David went up to a random woman on the beach and asked her for a dollar...after admonishing him ("David! You can't ask people for money like that!"), I realized he meant...sand, dollar. :-) So he'd only gotten part of what those things were.

At Rachel's house he realized that one of her bathrooms has a Sponge Bob theme, so he tells me he's going to go potty in the Sponge Bob bathroom...

And David's favorite color is red. He knows my favorite color, and Cinnamon's. When we were at the beach the other day, he was telling me he had to get the beach toys that were our various favorite colors. "Look, I got the bucket that's your favorite color!"

A bigger thing to note is that I see his independence growing. Mainly, he wants to sleep with his clothes on, instead of jammies. It's a much bigger deal to him than I expected.

Lastly, he's asking how many more weeks until he can go see his mommy again...It's only a week now. It seems less urgent to him this time.

Rusty

No comments: