Saturday, December 6, 2008

Here's a memory for you

I'm listening to "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk, an electronica piece that many know...but it's from the middle '70s. I know this because I remember hearing the vinyl album at my house when I was a kid, of about 5. My father got it, and I remember one day we had all gone out and done something, but then later, after noon, everyone was asleep, but me, because I didn't take naps when I was little, and this song was on. My father had left the record player going, but this is a 22 minute song anyway. I'm looking out the window right now, remembering a gray day when I was 5, sitting on the floor, looking at the album cover, listening to this song, wishing I could have a Saturday like that with David one day, where we go out and do something active in the morning, and come home in the afternoon and rest, and sleep for a little while.

-----
Meanwhile, an intruding thought:

Amanda says that David is stubborn like her, and that I won't win some fight I'm having with him. Hopefully that was tongue in cheek, since she doesn't know him anymore, and as he gets older, she will know him less and less.

No comments: