Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Phone Call to the boy

So...I called David today. He can speak pretty well, and has a clue about what's going on around him, and can report it as such. It's pretty cool. He wanted to come home, but didn't have the vocabulary for it, exactly. He just said he wanted to go by daddy. Amanda and I both ignored this request and just talked about something else. He said he went to the zoo, and was telling me all about it, like the penguins and their belly sliding. H really thought that was cool. I imagine that they went to the zoo in St. Louis. It's a lot easier to talk to him on the phone now, he volunteers so much, and Amanda just has to translate. I feel bad that I didn't really talk to Colleen or even really try to talk to her. I still don't know how to handle that, exactly. I feel embarrassed about it, I guess.

It's easier, too, because I know he won't cry...I remember at Thanksgiving he cried when we were on the phone...and I knew why. That was hard. He'll be back in 11 days. I'm counting them down. I do miss him.

No comments: