Friday, July 25, 2008

No David Weekly

My computer hard drive died last week, so I wrote the David Weekly newsletter from another machine, using mostly material I had already written.

Amanda called me (surprise!) to tell me how the boy has been, and she sends me text messages every so often to tell me what's up. While on the phone, David did the same thing with me that he does with his mom: holds the phone up to what ever he sees and "shows" it to me, as if I can see it, too. He tells me about it, which is sooo cute. Amanda was correcting him the whole time -- "Daddy can't see it. Use your words" -- but he was using his words. It wasn't necessary for her to do that. Her text message was telling me to teach David not to run away from me...but I let him, up to a point, but more than she wants, it would seem, but it's up to her to teach him what she thinks is important while she has him...

No comments: