Saturday, January 9, 2010

David Weekly, V3 - 1

Hello all...Happy New Year! David got back to Tampa on January 6, at about 11 PM. He was actually awake, but I put him in bed, and made sure he was comfortable, and had him go to sleep. Thursday, I decided to take the day off, and spend it with him, to allow him time to transition back. So we spent the whole day together, doing things around the house; we finally got the Christmas lights off the house and fence and put away. David really helped, by pulling the extension cords up from where they were, even as I was doing it. He also got some time to play with his Christmas toys/presents, and we played Candyland, which he really liked. In fact, we played twice! David won one game, and I won the other. We went to the grocery store, and bought a few things, just to restock. It was also a good thing we stayed home, because he had very many trips to the potty, and even required at least two underwear changes. I only went out with him when I thought it safe to do so, without the probability of accidents.

Another thing I was doing was replacing the weather stripping on my door, and David was imitating me. I'd ask him to get something, do something...whatever, and he would, at some later point, begin to ask me to do things in the same manner as I'd asked him earlier. I'm glad I was polite!

Friday, he went back to school. Nothing much to report there, except that I discovered that I'm going to buy a costume for him that costs $50 so he can perform at the end of the year in a show, for his dancing. It's in early June, on a Saturday. I'll do my best to get video of it. He'll be one of only two boys from his school doing any dancing.

Friday night we played with his two different remote control cars. It was another discovery that they both use the same frequency, so either vehicle can be controlled by either controller, or one controller can control both cars.

David woke up Thursday night, crying, or not really woke up, as much as he was just crying in his sleep...I know he has mixed feelings about being home and away from his mommy and sissy...

So that's a short week. With the New Year, I'm changing a bit the format of the David Weekly: it's now going to have a volume number and an issue number, rather than just a number. I realize that I'm beginning a third year of writing to you about David, so it seemed to make sense to mark this with a different designation. So we're on Volume 3, Issue #1.

No comments: