Monday, November 9, 2009

David Weekly, #74

David is mad at me. I won't give him another birthday. I ask him why he wants another birthday. "So I can turn 5," he says. I ask him what's so great about being 5, and he says, "So I won't get sick anymore." I don't understand this response, because he's never sick. He had a couple of illnesses when he was a baby, but nothing in the last two years at least. He asks me at various points to give him a birthday. I just tell him he gets one every year, and that it takes time to get his birthday. He's said a few other things about why he wants to get old, but I haven't been able to make sense out of them, since it doesn't sound like anything at all, just gibberish. Or he won't say.

Ok, so David was very cute and sweet the other morning. Because of the time change, we had some extra time, since we both woke up "early" according to the new time, and had finished our morning routine. He was having me "find" a toy that he would "hide" saying it was vanished! ("Does that mean the same as disappeared?") He would hide it, and then take me around to each room and say, "Is it there? No..." until we'd get to the room, then he would "find" it for me. It was really a lot of fun.

It's been a typical week, not a lot going on. David will be watching TV, and I'll be in the kitchen on my computer, and he comes up to me, gives me a big hug (usually he's pretty happy about something), and then goes back to whatever it was he was doing. He frequently just has the TV on, and is playing by himself. He just comes over, gets a recharge, and goes back. It's pretty sweet on his part.

One liners:

A friend of mine broke her foot. David sees her on her crutches and says, "Be careful and make sure you don't break your o'er foot!"

Getting the mail, I get a big envelope, and a small one. David gives me the big one: "When you're big, you get the big one. I get the small one because I'm little!"

Sorry I'm late this week. Hope your week is a good one.

No comments: