Friday, October 16, 2009

David Weekly, #71

David got a package in the mail from his mommy, which included stickers, a Pez candy dispenser (with Pez candies, of course!), some straws with skulls on them, and some pencils with spiders and webs and spooks. A very Halloween-y set of stuff. Perfect for a great holiday. Except that, in spite of the fact that the caledar says "Fall" on it, it's still summer. And gets dark a little bit earlier. We had about 2 days' worth of Fall, which means that the low at night is below 70 degrees...but now we're back to summer again.

A curious new development has taken place: David is now calling his buddy his blanket. At least, to everyone but me. I noticed this the other day when he was asking Cinnamon for his blanket. I wondered why he didn't call it his buddy, because he still says "buddy" to me when asking for it. Not sure of why this change, but there it is...

David would like everyone to know that he is fast. He is constantly demonstrating this to me. "Did you see how fast I went?" "I'm so fast!"

So I was telling my friend James about the "Pismo Beach" thing, and he sent me a link to the Looney Tunes cartoon where Bugs Bunny says his line. I showed it to David, who, of course, wanted to watch all of the different cartoons. He really liked them alot. One, two, three problems, though: they're violent! In spite of the fact that it's cartoon violence, I can see how there might be objections to his sort of thing. So David will not be seeing a lot of the Looney Tunes.

David likes to type. He particularly likes to type into my chat program, and usually in the last window of whomever I was talking to. I went to take a shower one morning, and came back to find this:
DAVID
7:21 AM
CVBNMASDFGHJKLQWERTYUIO
7:24 AM
ROCKETSHIP
7:26 AM
THITVHHVYVVHYGDGCCBGVGCXZACHBFGHFHEEDUIWUWWUUBXBVSXGXVVGVGXGXVXG

I'm most surprised to see the word "rocketship" spelled out. Rocketship is from Word World, but I had no idea he could spell it. He often asks me how to spell words, but never rocketship...

David and I were racing his cars...He kept saying something about "frozen fish." I asked him about it, as in, "Where did you hear this?" And he doesn't know, of course. It's how he would say he won, I think...

As we were reading a book for bed time, the book was showing the different seasons. David knows "fall" or "spring," but summer? What season is it? Point at the picture... "Spring." "Fall." "Hot."

So that's another week with the boy. If there's something you'd like to see, let me know and I'll try to add it. Have a great week!

No comments: