Saturday, October 10, 2009

David Weekly, #70

David got to spend Saturday night at Rachel's. He really likes going over there. I stayed there, too, since in the morning we went to the zoo, with Avery and Jared, of course. David got to be the "Tour Guide" which to him meant, "run everywhere, and see if they can keep up." Because we've been there so many times, he has on the one hand lost interest in the animals, but on the other hand, wants to see specific ones, like the elephants. As we were leaving the zoo, Mimi (my mom) promised the kids a gift if they were good. David got "stick rocks" which are polished magnetite. He loves those things!

David loves to read. He's getting books off the shelf now, on his own, and looking through them on his own, and reading the words he knows. When we're leaving from school, he tells me that "we're working on our letter P's today" or whatever the letter is, though he still tells me his lunch only consists of peaches.

Thursday night Avery and Jared came over, and David was in some kind of fighting mood, since all he would do most of the night was attack Jared. I don't know what could cause this. Every time I would turn my back, David was trying to do something to Jared. So Thursday night, he spent lots of time in Time Out.

Friday night, David got to spend the evening with Jesse's baby. When she cries, David tries to figure out what she's crying about. "I fink she wants to be held." Or, "I fink she's hungry." He doesn't quite understand what the crying is, but at the same time is concerned, and wants to make it better somehow.

Otherwise, there's not a whole lot going on.

No comments: