Friday, March 27, 2009

David Weekly, #54

David is gettting self-sufficient. In the morning he goes potty all by himself, turns on the TV...but doesn't get any food for himself yet. He says, "Good Morning" to me now, instead of "Are you wake?" Or "It's light outside!"

Meanwhile, his imagination is getting better. Two "stories": he has lost some letters from a board thing with wooden letters, and he's saying someone took them when he was asleep. I wonder who...And David was threatening me the other day w/ taking my driver license away from me if I didn't go left at an intersection. I wonder where he gets this stuff!

S and H start w/ shoe...This is how he identifies letters now and the words they go with, but he's saying it backwards. We all know what he means, but it's still cute him saying it this way. And speaking of letters, he can almost write his name! He's been playing with writing letters for a while now, but he was actually able to get them all on one sheet of paper, though not quite in order, but he got them all there. Another thing that I thought was funny is when I asked him what letters are in his name he began to finger spell his name. I like how that's automatic.

A big thing for David this week. Over the past few weeks he's been putting up a big fuss about going to Dot's. I understand how he doesn't want to go there after being home for a part of the day, and then not wanting to leave home. But his protests have ben especially strong. So I asked him why he's so upset, and it's because Dot yells, he says. I told him I'd talk to her about it. Except I didn't have to. On Thursday, we walked into Dot's, and did our normal routine: I put him in the toddler bed so he can take a nap. I go sign the book, and he follows me, and we kiss and hug good bye. Then we go to the door, and do this all over again. But this time, he says to me, "One more fing." And he takes me by the hand, goes up to Dot, and says, "Don't yell at me anymore." She was so surprised that I don't think she heard him. So he said it again. She was very surprised, and said, "Oh, I don't yell. Maybe my voice is very strong. But I'll take care not to be so loud." And that was it. I just confirmed that his primary objection to going there is her yelling. We'll see in the next week or two if anything is different. It may be time to switch daycares.

This week, and the last two weeks, David has been all over the state: Two weeks ago he saw the Space Shuttle lift off from Cape Canaveral. Last week we went to my friend's house up near Ocala in a very rural area for her birthday. Then we went to Orlando to visit another friend of mine who is down here to go to Disney World. And today we went to Ft Myers for the birthday of another friend's son. In each case, he played pretty well with the kids that were there. David's a really good traveller. He always has something to say when we're going along, and depending on the time of day, he sleeps in the car seat.

So it's been a very good, active week for the boy. Hope your week is active, too.

Rusty

No comments: