Friday, March 20, 2009

David Weekly, #53

Went to the park on Friday, and there was a family that had special balloons and a pump that you use to fill the balloons, and they fly up in the air. David had a blast. The family was very accepting of him, too. He just fit right in. He's very good at not being afraid to approach people that are doing something that he's interested in. And he makes friends very easily. Another example of this is the little boy we see at the park. This other little boy just turned 3, according to his parents. David played with the other little boy, basically by ordering him around. He'd throw the frisbee, and then either chase it, or tell this other kid to "Go get it!" One day we were going to the park, and he asked if the boy with the "sipey hair" was going to be there. I didn't know this word, but I figured that it might be "spikey." I offered this option to David and he said no, "Sipey!" (long I, long E) Sure enough, the kid was there, and they played.

On Sunday we took another trip to Cape Canaveral, to see the Space Shuttle launch. He had a great time! We took his cousins Avery and Jared along, and everyone had a good time. David even took some pictures of the launch as it was happening. He said the shuttle was all covered in fire, and then it turned into clouds!

There's really not a lot to report this week. We go to the park every day now, just about. I ask him what he had for lunch, but the only thing he ever says is "peaches." I wish I could figure out if this means that he only ate the peaches, or that's all that's worth mentioning, or he doesn't know what he ate...

David has an appointment with an allergist on March 30, at 10:30 AM. Hopefully that will give us some insight into his asthma attacks every Spring.

I remember some weeks back I had talked about themes, but I'm finding that that isn't very workable, at least not yet. What I do know is that I'm usually pretty good at finding things to say about him anyway. Except today, when I'm drawing a blank. I'm beginning to make David clean up his mess, which at this point is toys thrown all around everywhere. And he fights me. But he is a bit malleable, which helps. Time out, then come back and do some stuff...that usually works.

So other than that, David's week is pretty routine. I think maybe I'll try to start paying attention to him in some other ways than I have been, to make sure I get it all.

Have a good week.

Rusty

No comments: