Thursday, February 26, 2009

Miscellanea

David is so cute. I'll kiss him, and quickly enough that it sounds like eating, and he says, "Don't eat me, daddy, I'm not food."

On the way to and from New Orleans, he would occasionally hold up his hand and show me a sign language letter. One time he made an X by mistake, and saw it. "Look, daddy, an X!"

He's telling me that he dreams. I haven't figured out what he's dreaming about, though this time he told me about going on a picnic, and that it was white in his dream. No idea what that's about.

He thought the parades were loud. Too loud. "That's enough. Let's go home. I want to go to the green park." He ate a whole kids hamburger and apples from a Happy Meal on the way. I took him w/ me to lunch to visit a friend in Pensacola, and he ate a ham sandwich, and was generally good. I allowed him to wander around the table, since we were the only ones in the restaurant.

David is a delight to travel with. He kept me entertained, slept for 3 hours, threw lots of beads around the car on the way back...He's a good conversationalist. He loved listening to the Barenaked Ladies "Snacktime!" CD...His favorite songs: "Eraser" and "Popcorn"...I'm a fan of "The Ninjas" and "7 8 9" which I have heard David sing at one time or another...he keeps his little matchbox car with him...He asks to see pictures of his mom on my computer sometimes. He was good about asking to go potty. He'd tell me, and could wait until we got to the next exit on the road to go. No emergency stops, no trouble.

He couldn't remember Adina's name. He kept calling her "your friend." But he knew her boyfriend's name, Eric. I thought that was hilarious. Adina found some humor in it, too. I ended up correcting him a lot: "What's her name?"

No comments: