Friday, February 20, 2009

David Weekly, #49

So it was Valentine's Day this week, and David got some candy and a card from his mom. The funny thing about the candy is that he says he can't eat it because he has to wait to be in Missouri to eat it. He also got some candy from a friend of mine. She and her husband brought a bunch of clothes for David that no longer fit her son, and they almost all fit David! It's great! And he loved the clothes, because they all had all of his favorite characters: Scooby Doo, Lightning McQueen, Spiderman, Batman...They're winter clothes, too, since the shirts are long sleeves, and he got some pants, as well as shorts, and short sleeve shirts...We went over to my friend's apartment, and her son played with David (her son is 7), and David just laughed, and played, and really had a ball.

He knows he has blue eyes. "Look, daddy, I'm looking with my BLUE eyes!"

We were at the store one day, and David very naturally wanted to pick up everything he saw, and I told him, "Touch with your eyes" as a way to get him not to touch with his hands. Instead, he just puts his face up to the thing he wants to touch, and gets his eye as close to it as he can and says, "I'm doing what you said!" I'm not sure sure if he is at the point where he can be sarcastic in his literal interpretation of what I asked him to do, but even though it probably wasn't meant to be that way... I found it to be hilarious!

I've been teaching him his address, just in case. It's funny though, because I say, "What's your address?" And he says just the number and street. Then I say, "What city?" He replies, "I don't know!!.. (pause) Tampa!" When I get to the state part he tells me that his mommy lives in Missouri. And say, "What state do you live in?" "Forida" is his answer.

He had a terrible coughing fit on Saturday. It was a rough night for him, but he made it through. I think it's part of what the doctor said about "getting ahead of the allergies, and I hadn't gotten that far ahead."

David now asks "Why?" questions. As in, "Why do I have to go to bed now?" Sometimes he accepts the explanation, and sometimes he doesn't. He's also able to answer some "Why?" questions, which is nice.

As always, I'm sure there's more that I haven't written, and I apologize in advance for the things I'm unable to remember, or write down so that I can share them with you.

Rusty

1 comment:

Nalinee Narayanan said...

He is so cute when he says... look daddy i m looking with my blue yes...... mmmmmm he is great and also the incident in the shopping malls bu putting his eyes.... hahahaha it is great.... so sweet boy. Anyway heis following your instructions.. hahahahah