Friday, May 21, 2010

David Weekly, V3 - 18

This has been a great week for David.

Saturday, we went to the flea market, primarily to get some vegetables, and they do have a farmers' market there, but we didn't really seem to be able to find it, though they do have vendors of all sorts there...So I had David choose: and he picked corn, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I was very impressed. We went to Mimi's and he at the cucumber/tomato salad with some Italian dressing. We also set up the pool and went swimming! David made a lot of noise, and really thoroughly enjoyed himself.

We also went to the USF bookstore, as I was buying a book from there. We walked through the new Marshall Center (aka, the student union), and David decided he wanted to climb the stairs to see his way all the way up. It's quite big inside, and is at least 4 stories tall. How did we go up? By climbing the stairs. David just loved it. He's very much an explorer, and I try to let him do that when we can, when I have time...

The week for David was great! 5 checkmarks for the week. He will be collecting his prize over the weekend: new videos!d He did have an instance of "a little hitting" but not a big fight, or anything else. He really kept a good handle on his emotions. One of the things I told him is that Time Out is his opportunity to keep having a good day, rather than go all the way to a bad day, and get an X on the calendar. This seemed to make sense to him, since I did question him about his day: "Did you get a Time Out?" He would say, "Yes, and I stayed in it, too! Did I have a good day?" He is insistent that I ask the teacher if he had a good day or not, rather than me just taking his word for it. I like that he seeks out that independent opinion.

He really was wanting his cousins to stay with us on Tuesday night, after school, since he stayed at their house on Monday after school. He later found out that they couldn't, and was very sorely disappointed. So we had Jared to stay with us on Friday instead. David had spent all week looking forward to them coming over, but Avery ended up not being able to come over. David hardly noticed, and was quite happy to have Jared around to play, and have fun with.

Thursday was David's VPK graduation. He was great! He was the "reader" of the group. He read a book, after describing the front of the book, the back of the book and the spine of the book. It was short and had easy words for him, but he was very able to read it. I was so proud of him! I'll be posting the video at some point in the near future, of the whole ceremony. I'm not sure if you want to sit through the whole thing, but it'll be there, and you can probably speed through a lot of it.

Friday, David had a party at school, but I didn't realize it had a theme, and David didn't feel dressed appropriately, so I had to get him the proper attire: loud orange shorts, and equally loud shirt to go with the shorts. It looked like he was going the beach, because it was a luau!

It's been both an uneventful week, and a momentous occasion kind of week.

Hope you've had a good week, too.

No comments: