Sunday, January 18, 2009

A conversation I wish was happening

Nancy (Amanda's step-mother) sent me an email asking what David wants for Christmas. I replied...

Amanda sent David home w/ nothing from anyone going with him. So I see Nancy telling Amanda:

"So I read in Russell's email that nothing went home w/ David."
Amanda responds, "Well, he needs stuff to play with here."
Nancy: "But we gave those things to David, and he can't play with those things when you have them! Send them down to him so he can have them to play with!"
I can see Amanda hedging some more, trying to justify it some more, but finally "seeing the light" and with down cast eyes, saying, "Okay, "I'll send his things down to Russell." And Nancy angrily slamming down the phone. And me getting his stuff in a week, at some significant cost to Amanda.

I wish that would happen. I don't think David's half as bothered by this as I am (or rather, I can't tell if he's upset at all), but I feel victimized by this, big time. She kept his clothes, even the ones that Kelly sent, and other clothes that fit him just fine. I can see her consigning them, trying to make a few dollars on his clothes.

No comments: